More Dictations

Posted By Author on November 25, 2010


At 5 A.M. saw off guests of Meerut and took a nap again. Dandge and I finished bath at the river. Baba then called me and told that if he did not come out upto 30th Jan. 67, I should handover the following dictated letter to sub inspector Baljor Singh.

“To Shri Baljor Singhji,

Station Officer, Okhimath Police Station,

District Chamoli, Garhwal. U.P.

My dear Baljor Singhji,

As part of the spiritual work His Holiness the Founder of our Ashram has undertaken a religious fast.  It cannot be surmised when this fast will come to an end.  As long as the fast continues, none of us, not to speak of others, are allowed to meet Him during that period.  He remains religiously secluded. Under the circumstances it is left to your discretion to do whatever you think fit.

Yours sincerely

Sd/- S.S.Padhye

Member Shaulmari Ashram

Camp Gangtoli

P.O. Okhimath

Dist. Chamoli, U.P.

After this we conversed on other topics.  On politics Baba made a severe remark, “Let us see how long is the day for scoundrels?” He told Salil to resign his job.  We talked on politics for a pretty long time, mostly repeating the past thoughts already noted. Then Baba left for his bath.

We finished our breakfast and after his early lunch Baba called us. He enquired about education, farming, family, etc., with Chandrashekhar.  His voice was still hoarse and throat sore. He told stories of Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar. (Netaji’s father was student of Metropolitan College founded by Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar.)  He left the job of nineteen hundred rupees per month to see his ailing mother, as leave was not granted.  Later on the leave was sanctioned.  He told further more stories of Lincoln, a doctor of New York, Gladovosky, etc. He cautioned me that after exhausting the present leave I too might be required to resign the job.  Then he went in.

We finished our lunch.  Gobind and Chandrashekhar went to Okhimath.  I went on sentry duty.  Onset of evening crept in.  I gave unwanted advice to Salil to think twice before resigning his job.  He was also worried and thinking.  Ramsingh of Okhimath sent a letter reminding to repay his amount by 30th Jan. Mitranand came.  Shomu repaid him a sum of fifty rupees.  He brought transistor and we listened to the news.

In the late evening Ramadan told me that Bab warned him and Rajat not to trust what I said and that he was determined to give up his body.  He pointed out to them that unknowingly I observed his lifeline and on that basis I was predicting that Bab would not leave this world soon.  Ramadan again requested me to study his palm.

At night Bab and I sat in Chin’s hut.  Afterwards others joined.  He described Kailas, Manas Sarovar, Tibetan Monasteries, flora and fauna, sages he met in Tibet, etc.  From this he definitely lived in Tibet for pretty long time. It was certain that in 1946-47 he came to India from Tibet. After fake crash story he escaped via China to Tibet to take ambuscade in Tibet. (Netaji while in Darjeeling watched the snow peaks of the Himalaya and dreamed of Tibet beyond it. See his letter dated 20/11/1915 No.34 on page 157 of his autobiography, An Indian Pilgrim.) Baba went in and we returned.  Gobind, Chandrashekhar and I enjoyed D.M. brandy and dined excessively.

Before that in the evening Baba told about comment of Royjee, the columnist of Anand Bazaar Patrika as follows:

“There is no educational bar sinister

To become an Almighty Minister”

This Royjee (Royjit?) and Altaf of the Dawn were his favourite for intelligent and chiseled comments.

I received official letter sanctioning two months’ half pay leave prefixing December holidays. Received Saxena’s telegram informing that he with Ramprasadji would reach here on 26th or 27th from Kanpur.  I conveyed it to Baba and he lost temper for negligence and delay and as to why he went to Kanpur.  Baba ordered that either Radhakant or I would catch them at Rudraprayag and read out a Hindi note dictated by him.  If Ramprasadji had Netaji psychosis he should leave and not come here.  Then he finalized that Radhakantji would go. Later the note was cancelled and following telegram was dictated and we were cautioned not to say to them either to come or leave.  Ramprasad’s arrival for monetary help was crucial and essential. It was dire necessity.

Telegram:  “We have been directed to tell you with so much lack of responsibility it is futile to have any association with the Ashram.”

I retired late at night.

About the author



Comments are closed.